COMPETITION NOW CLOSED!
For a quarter of a century, Link Age Southwark has been building friendships between older people and volunteers in order to end feelings of loneliness and isolation in their local community. In their 25th birthday year, the charity is launching a creative writing competition to celebrate this milestone.
The competition is open to all UK and Ireland residents, both adults and children. Entries may take the form of either a short story or poem, based on the theme of friendship and/or generations.
The deadline for entries is 11.59PM on 31st August 2018.
Winners will be notified by 1st October 2018.
Entry to the 18+ category will cost £5. Children’s entries are free.
Prizes for 18+ Category:
• 1st – £200
• 2nd – £150
• 3rd – £100
Prizes for Childrens Categories:
• 1st, 2nd & 3rd – Book vouchers
- The theme is friendship and/or generations
- Short stories can be between 250-1000 words in length
- Poems can be up to 40 lines
- The competition is open to UK and Ireland residents only
- The adults category is for aged 18+ and the entry fee is £5 per entry.
- The children’s category is for aged 11-17. and is free to enter. Children’s entries will be divided into 11-14 and 15-17 age groups.
- You may make multiple entries but each requires a payment
- Entries must be the writer’s own unique work and unpublished
- Save the document as the title of the short story or poem in a .doc or .docx format. No personal details are to be included in the document
- Winning entries will be published on the blog. Copyright will remain with the writer
- Winners will also be invited to our Annual General Meeting in London if they wish where prizes will be presented. The Charity cannot cover transport or accommodation costs. This is not essential and prizes will of course be sent by post to those unable to attend.