About the role of Group Support Volunteer
We run around 20 groups for older people across our Southwark. These range from Singing Group and Computer sessions to Reminiscence and Gentle Exercise. We are looking for volunteers to help with setting up, serving tea and coffee, and tidying up. If you also have a skill or talent you would like to share with the group, such as card making or local history, that would be an added bonus!
For a comprehensive overview of our groups, check out our Group List here.
What’s in it for you?
- Meet new people in your local community – get to know older people as well a friendly team of Link Age Southwark volunteers and staff of all ages
- Share your skills to benefit others
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re supporting older people and helping them get the best from life.
- Get a full induction, relevant training and ongoing support from Link Age Southwark
- All reasonable expenses reimbursed
- Use and develop your skills to enhance your CV. We’re happy to write references for volunteers who have completed 6 months with us
- Have fun!
How do I apply?
We would be delighted if you are interested in joining us as a group volunteer.