About the role of Office Volunteer
We work with over 300 volunteers to provide more than 500 older people in Southwark with befriending, transport, group activities, gardening and odd job support. As a result, our small staff team need extra hands from time to time to help maintain our systems, keep important records, distribute communications and help with administration. A volunteer office support role could include some of the following activities:
- Answering the phones & calling service users or volunteers
- Assisting with mailing newsletters
- Photocopying and shredding
- Data entry on our database
- Online research
- Ordering stationery and other supplies
- General administrative and clerical tasks
We would also love to welcome volunteers with particular skills such as graphic design and website design.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Cheerful and friendly personality
- Good English language and communication skills
- Reliability, honesty and good timekeeping
- Ability to work independently
- Attendance at our induction and relevant training
- Complete a full Disclosure and Barring Service and character references check
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Understanding and commitment to working within the policies of Link Age Southwark, in particular health and safety, confidentiality, safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Experience in MS Office, graphic design or website maintenance is desirable depending on your role
What’s in it for you?
- Gain experience in running a successful charity office
- Get to know a great team of Link Age Southwark volunteers and staff of all ages
- You will receive a full induction as well as ongoing support and relevant training as required
- All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
- Enhance your CV – we are happy to provide references and LinkedIn endorsements when you have completed a design project, or 6 months in an office support role
- Have fun!
How do I apply?
We would be delighted if you are interested in joining us as an office volunteer.